x

WPMT FOX43 | News in Harrisburg, York, Lancaster, Lebanon News, Weather, Sports

Three sicken by CO exposure in Chambersburg

CHAMBERSBURG, Pa. – Three people are sicken by carbon monoxide in Chambersburg. It happened at about 7:30 pm at a home in the 200 block of Lincoln Way Wes...
carbon monoxide

CHAMBERSBURG, Pa. – Three people are sicken by carbon monoxide in Chambersburg. It happened at about 7:30 pm at a home in the 200 block of Lincoln Way West.

The three residents of the two story home called 911 complaining of back pain. When emergency crews arrived on the scene they told them that they had just turned on the heat five hours prior to feeling their symptoms.

Firefighters’ CO detectors recorded a reading of 300 parts per million(ppm) in the house. Prolonged exposure to CO above 70 ppm will generally make you sick.

All three victims were transported to the hospital. The source of the CO was traced to a leak in the home’s natural gas furnace.