x

WPMT FOX43 | News in Harrisburg, York, Lancaster, Lebanon News, Weather, Sports

Easter Sunday fire sparked by hot ashes in charcoal grill in York

YORK, Pa.– Hot ashes from a charcoal grill are to blame for sparking a house fire on Easter Sunday in York. The York City Fire Department was called to th...
YorkCityFireWMarketStreet

YORK, Pa.– Hot ashes from a charcoal grill are to blame for sparking a house fire on Easter Sunday in York.

The York City Fire Department was called to the 700-block of West Market Street just before 10:45 a.m.

Flames were found pouring from the second-floor balcony when crews arrived at the scene. Fire investigators say hot ashes from a charcoal grill started the fire, which as been ruled accidental.

The American Red Cross is assisting six adults and two children who were displaced.

No one was hurt.