YORK COUNTY, Pa. – The American Red Cross is assisting four residents left homeless by a fire in Yoe Borough early Monday evening.. Several pets also escaped without harm.
The fire broke out at about 7:39 p.m. in the first block of E. Pennsylvania Avenue. The first firefighters on the scene reported heavy smoke pouring from the upper floors of three story building.
The fire was under control in about twenty minutes. There were no reported injuries. The fire apparently started from combustibles next to a natural gas space heater on the second floor. There was no estimate of damage.
A State Police Fire Marshal is investigating.