It’s National Chocolate Day!
The national holiday is celebrated on October 28 each year.
Here are some facts on Chocolate, via the National Confectioners Association:
- It takes 400 cocoa beans to make one pound of chocolate.
- The average serving of milk chocolate has about the same amount of caffeine as a cup of decaf coffee.
- Most cocoa–70 percent–hails from West Africa.
- It takes two to four days to make a single-serving chocolate bar.
- The French celebrate April Fool’s Day with chocolate-shaped fish, or “Poisson d’Avril.”