More than 12 million acres have burned, dozens of lives have been lost, thousands more people have been evacuated and at least 2,000 homes have been destroyed in bushfires that are devastating parts of Australia.
In addition to the human toll, it’s estimated that millions of animals have also perished. The family of the late Steve Irwin said they were rescuing or treating 90,000 animals.
- Australian Red Cross
- Salvation Army Australia
- Foundation for Rural & Regional Renewal
- New South Wales Rural Fire Service
- Victoria Country Fire Authority
- South Australian Country Fire Service
- Kangaroo Island Relief and Recovery Fund
- State Emergency Relief Fund
- Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
- New South Wales Wildlife Information Rescue and Education Service
- Wildlife Victoria
Singer Pink also tweeted out a list of local fire services she said she was donating to.