LA MIRADA, Calif. — In a matter of two years, a 13-year-old has graduated college with four associate's degrees in Southern California.
The coronavirus pandemic will prevent Jack Rico from attending a traditional ceremony, but a drive-by celebration is happening Wednesday in La Mirada, according to television station KABC.
Rico is the youngest student ever to graduate from Fullerton College.
"I'm 13, so I don't want to rush everything," he told ABC7. "I'm still trying to figure it out, but I just want to focus on learning right now. That's what I love to do."
KABC reports he has a full scholarship to the University of Nevada, where he'll pursue a bachelor's degree in history.
What other people are reading right now:
- Researchers track high levels of COVID-19 in Florida wastewater
- WATCH: Catfish caught on camera 'walking' over gators
- Vintage picture shows football fans wearing masks during 1918 pandemic
- Weather forecast looks iffy for historic SpaceX, NASA launch
- Child drowns after being caught in current at Siesta Key Beach
FREE 10NEWS APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter