VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. — Virginia Beach-native Pharrell Williams is casting new talent in Hampton Roads and the surrounding area for a television documentary project.
The 12-time Grammy-winning artist and producer is looking for "vocal powerhouses and musicians" to showcase from the Hampton Roads area.
"Together with these fresh faces from Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Portsmouth, Newport News, Hampton, and Suffolk, they will form a revolutionary choir in an upcoming gospel project," according to a casting announcement.
The casting calls for singers and musicians of all backgrounds and music genres: blues, jazz, rock, country, pop, soul, gospel, opera, and R&B.
The casting announcement also welcomed auditioners from Richmond, Williamsburg and outside states including North Carolina, Washington D.C., and Delaware.
If interested, auditioners must submit a 5-minute video that:
- Introduces yourself, name, city, job
- Tell your story in one minute or less
- When you started singing and how you learned to sing?
- Biggest musical influence and why?
- What does singing mean to you? How does it hold significance in your life?
- Sing a verse acapella from the following songs: "Amazing Grace," "Jesus Loves Me," "Great is Thy Faithfulness," "The Old Rugged Cross"
- Sing a chorus from a song of your own choice
Videos should be emailed to GospelShowAuditions@gmail.com by Monday, June 17, 2019.