HERSHEY, Pa. — A show Entertainment Weekly describes as “a sumptuous new production of the most perfect musical of all time” is coming to Hershey.
"My Fair Lady" can be found on stage at the Hershey Theatre from Jan. 17 to Jan. 22 as part of their Broadway Series.
The musical tells the story of Eliza Doolittle, a young Cockney flower seller, and Henry Higgins, a linguistics professor who is determined to transform her into his idea of a “proper lady.”
There will be eight performances of "My Fair Lady" at Hershey Theatre, with shows on the following dates:
- Tuesday, Jan. 17 at 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Jan. 18 at 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Jan. 19 at 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, Jan. 20 at 8 p.m.
- Saturday, Jan. 21 at 2 and 8 p.m.
- Sunday, Jan. 22 at 1 and 7 p.m.
Tickets for each showtime can be purchased on Ticketmaster.
The touring production from Lincoln Center Theater and director Bartlett Sher features Madeline Powell as Eliza Doolittle, Jonathan Grunert as Professor Henry Higgins, John Adkison as Colonel Pickering, Madeline Brennan as Mrs. Pearce, Michael Hegarty at Alfred P. Doolittle, Cameron Loyal as Freddy Eynsford-Hill and Becky Saunders as Mrs. Higgins.
The Hershey Theatre has plenty more in store for the rest of their 2022-23 Broadway Series. Their upcoming shows include:
- “Hadestown,” from April 4 to 9
- “SIX,” from June 13 to 18
- “Come From Away,” from Aug. 1 to 6